CNC turning RFQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

DareBee

You specifically asked for a lathe with barfeeder and live tooling.
I would quote if it weren't for that 'cause your quantities aren't very high (unless you need the whole lot done in less than a week).
Do you mind dealing with Canada?

dkowalcz

Well I can bid $7.43/ea qty 20 for the 18GM3L. Qty 500 annual is $3.95/ea.

I've got 3/4" barfeed max, so the other parts are a little too big for my machine. 20 off is ok, just means I waste a little length, but 500 off would be a bit of a chore... :D

StealthDumpTrucks

Chief Hole Driller
A CNC turning center with live tools and bar feeder would be the most economical way to mass produce these parts in the future, of course I could be wrong. I'd like to hear opinions on the various methods/cost impact. I'm not one to cut corners just based on piece price.

I just exported a kit to Canada yesterday, and I'm working on a quote for two more. Our patent is also filed in Canada, maybe we can team and you build all the parts to fill orders. Should save us on shipping.

My product line will be expanding into other brands and model pick-ups. Based on just GM's US sales of about one million full size trucks a year, all I need is a half percent of their owners to buy a kit. Work out the math on quantities required to fill those orders.

StealthDumpTrucks

Chief Hole Driller
I like your location in Canada. Are you the owner of the company?. I'm starting a new product line design effort this monday for a customer in canada. He's located near you. Are there any powdercoating vendors in your local area?

Do you have space in your facility and use permits to repair vehicles? Another one of our goals is to find dealers who can install our products. Tasks include removing the truck bed, mounting hardware, hoses, wiring, and body alignment. No welding or cutting, and few holes to drill.

DareBee

I do not have any class A mechanics if that is what you mean.
I have limited space for vehicle repair and we are competent at fixing our own fleet.
My local powder coater runs black and cream as standard colours but will do customs.
A couple of trucks a month would be fine but 3/week would overdo my current capacity.
I am an owner. As you know - money talks, if I can see projected revenue I would be inclined to open a facility or work partners with local mechanic shop.

StealthDumpTrucks

Chief Hole Driller
Mechanic's qualifications are pretty minimal. All our products come with a 44 page manual including full color pictures and diagrams. My 15 & 16 yr. old son's install them here no problem.

Standard color is textured black.

We have no idea what the demand will be once mass marketing begins.

wvmfgsolutions

StealthDumpTrucks said:
Nobody interested?

Any problems with the drawings or specs?

WE ARE A MANUFACTURING FACILITY IN WEST VIRGINIA. WE HAVE A LOCATION IN SOUTH CHARLESTON AND MONTGOMERY. BOTH LOCATIONS ARE CLOSE TO I-77.

WE MANUFACTURE PARTS FOR ALL INDUSTRIES AND WE JUST RECENTLY PURCHASED THE BUILDING IN MONTGOMERY. IT IS A 15,000 SQR FOOT FACILITY WITH 5 BAYS AND WE WERE PLANNING ON RENTING 3 OF THE BAYS OUT BECAUSE WE DID NOT HAVE A USE FOR THAT SIDE OF THE FACILITY. IT WOULD BE PERFECT FOR ASSEMBLING THE STEALTH UNIT.
THERE ARE OVERHEAD CRANES IN 2 OF THE BAYS!

WE CAN ALSO FABRICATE AND POWDERCOAT THE ENTIRE UNIT. WE ARE A FULL BLOWN FAB, WELDING AND MACHINE SHOP. ONE STOP SHOP!

EQUIPMENT, 6 AXIS SWISS TURN WITH BARFEED CAPABILITIES UP TO 1.250 DIA.

CNC TURNING UP TO 35" IN DIA.

CNC VERTICLE MILL

CNC HORIZONTAL MILL

WATERJET

LASER

TIG, MIG AND STICK WELDING

BRAKE PRESS

VARIOUS MANUAL MACHINES AND FINISHING EQUIPMENT

QUOTE INCLUDES MATERIAL

10PC 22GM3L $28.50 EA.

10PC 23GM3L $28.50 EA.

20PC 26GM3L $12.50 EA.

20PC 26GM3LB $12.50 EA.

20PC 27GM3L $24.00 EA.

20PC 183MGL $7.40 EA.

THESE PRICES DO NOT INCLUDE SHIPPING !

THANK YOU,
JOHN H. BEAVER
PRES.
WEST VIRGINIA MANUFACTURING SOLUTIONS
304-415-6673
wvmfgsolutions@charter.net

DareBee

StealthDumpTrucks said:
Mechanic's qualifications are pretty minimal. All our products come with a 44 page manual including full color pictures and diagrams. My 15 & 16 yr. old son's install them here no problem.

Standard color is textured black.

We have no idea what the demand will be once mass marketing begins.

My Industrial Mechanics and Tool & Die Makers would (should) make short work if it then.
I have 15000sq' of my building available if I kick out some tenants :eek:.
Although I would have no trouble doing this in my current unit untill volume gets high.
I would be happy to be your Southern Ontario distributer/installer with a non-comp radius.

Derek

StealthDumpTrucks

Chief Hole Driller
Due date has been extended to 5/23/06, award on 5/24/06 by request from some bidders. 316 TGP spec can be 303 TGP, 304 & 304L spec parts remain for weldability.

Status
Not open for further replies.