aluminum wanted

ghk

Any luck yet finding that block of AL that you need ?
There's a place near me that carries alot of cut stock, might be worth a phone call. The name of the place is Admiral Metals in Woburn Ma.
Last time I picked up some stock the price was $2.85LB.

Paul Cooper

ALRO METALS has a shop in Clearwater FL that carries lots of Aluminium Drops in that size and much larger. I go there about every other week for something. About $2.30 a pound I believe. great place very helpfull staff.

pyroracing85

Paul Cooper said:
ALRO METALS has a shop in Clearwater FL that carries lots of Aluminium Drops in that size and much larger. I go there about every other week for something. About $2.30 a pound I believe. great place very helpfull staff.

Alro is soo pricey. There is a guy actually down the street that is about half price but you have to cut the metal yourself to the size you want. It was weird going in there it was like a junk/salvage yard. Something like bob's salvage yard. It was weird but I got the 6061 bar stock I needed for half price :D.

Paul Cooper

Sounds like Don's Marine Salvage Yard on 126th AVE.
I was not treated very well and they seemed like they like their junk a little too much! (I thought that they were too pricey!).
Oh well it must have been a bad day.

pyroracing85

Paul Cooper said:
Sounds like Don's Marine Salvage Yard on 126th AVE.
I was not treated very well and they seemed like they like their junk a little too much! (I thought that they were too pricey!).
Oh well it must have been a bad day.

That is the place!!! That was a weird place hahah

stevenliu

As a machining work house, We have purchase many aluminum material before..
The 6061 T6 material price in China is 3.7USD/kg now, so therefor it is 1.7 USD/pound without shipping.. and if you quantity is high, you can open a mould, then you can get any shape your want..

alphonse

I am sure there are aluminum distributors in all major cities in the United States. Look around. You will probably need strong T and other leaves some design. I doubt anyone will give you the aluminum - I want to concentrate on the design and find the aluminum dealer who can sell what you need in bulk.